Mind Spa, PC is looking for a person to join our team of professional counselors and administrative staff as a FULL TIME administrative team member. This person will be jointly responsible for helping run the front office/ reception area and helping manage patient accounts, to include billing. This person will work very closely with our Practice Manager, administrative team, clinical team, and CEO of Mind Spa. The following is a description of characteristics of the ideal person for this position and a list of general duties. Please read all of these and contact me if you would be a good fit.
The person who will be the best fit for this position has a life that is lived out in loyalty, integrity and strong purpose of life. Integrity is vital as this person will be dealing with very sensitive information about the lives of others as well as sensitive information about our practice and finances. Integrity includes honesty in thoughts and actions. Loyalty to our team and our mission is critical as we need to depend on each other for support and growth.
The person who will be the best fit for this position has a very detail-oriented disposition. This is a very important position in our organization as they manage the influx of current and future client inquiries and communication. It is vital that attention to detail comes natural so that we don’t lose opportunities to serve our community.
The person who will be the best fit for this position will have a positive and pleasant interaction style. This is critical as you will be the “face” and “voice” of Mind Spa when people enter our building or call our office. Having warmth and very strong customer services skills is needed to maintain our professional culture. Additionally, being personable and willing to accept feedback will help maintain our strong collaborative work environment. All of our team members really enjoy their calling, their jobs, and it is vital this is maintained.
The standard schedule every week is as follows:
Monday – Thursday 730am – 430pm
Friday 800am – 500pm
There would be an occasional Saturday (about every 6 weeks) from about 900am – noon.
Pay will be based on relevant experience and your ability to contribute to our team in a valuable way (high level of competence, ability to multi-task, positive attitude, efficiency, etc). You will be hired at a specific hourly wage that will increase after your first 4 months of successful employment.
Range of Responsibilities:
- Answering telephone
- Managing and scheduling patient appointments via phone, email and in person
- Greet patients and visitors
- Perform general clerical duties (includes but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing)
- Support other staff in assigned project-based work
- Managing office and building supplies
Specific to Mental Health Care
- Explain to potential patients and others what services are available
- Participating in getting new client appointments arranged
- Managing and updating clinician schedules
- Maintain utmost confidentiality for patients and aspects about their lives
- Maintain and update electronic medical records for demographic information and appointments
- Recording and tracking patients’ insurance information
- Setting up and shutting down computer and TV for telemental health appointments (as needed)
- Collect copays and outstanding balances from patients at time of service
- Appropriately document and secure payments
- Billing mental health claims
- Calling insurance companies to follow up on claim denials
- Calling patients to pay on outstanding balances
- Opening up our offices & closing our building, depending on which shift
- Making and coordinating staff meeting breakfasts (every other week)
- Advance reading and writings skills, as you may be reading some professional literature and will be writing professional letters and other professionally-used material. Must be able to type sufficiently fast (50 wpm +).
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
- Strong computer/printer knowledge and ability to troubleshoot problems.
- Strong knowledge of how to use internet and how to use for effectively acquiring information.
- Ability to learn, use and navigate filing sharing programs, such as Dropbox.
- Ability to learn, use and navigate G-Chat (instant messaging).
Interpersonal & ethical requirements:
- A very reliable person in being on-time and accomplishing tasks efficiently
- Is detail oriented and doesn’t easily overlook things
- Completely trustworthy, as you may be handling money and be exposed to patients’ mental health files, which are confidential to our office
- Able to get along with everyone, treat everyone with great respect, and have an upbeat pleasant personality
The first step of our hiring process is to briefly meet you at one of our Open House Interviews. Currently, they are scheduled for:
February 8th 5p-7p
February 9th noon – 2pm
If you have any questions, please email our Practice Manager at DebraWilson@MindSpaTherapy.com.