Mind Spa is looking to add a child-focused mental health provider (LPC, PPC, LCSW, PCSW, Psychologist, or LMFT) to our robust team of providers in our Cheyenne, WY office. We are a private mental health agency located in the heart of downtown Cheyenne, and we have a STRONG need for clinicians who specialize in children and teens. We have a very functional and supportive team atmosphere and collaboration is paramount. The company mission and values center on being authentic and offering truth and compassion to those we work with, both our clients and our coworkers.
OUR CLIENT POPULATION AND WORK
The city of Cheyenne and surrounding areas offer a range of demographics and mental health problems. We work with individuals and couples, and families. You will be engaged in a individual and family therapy with our child population and will have opportunities to lead groups, engage in workshops, and be creative in developing additional ways of positively impacting our community. We also specialize in telehealth and have a Center of Excellence for our telehealth work, which includes dedicated space, technology and billing to support our expanding work across the State of WY using telehealth.
As an agency, our youngest patient has been 3 and our oldest, 93. We offer opportunities for standard office appointments, off-site appointments at community locations, patients’ homes (if desired), and through telehealth. A few specific trends in our children population include lower income status; depression, anxiety, and trauma; and working with the Christian community and the military population. Mind Spa views our therapeutic work as an opportunity to demonstrate patience, kindness, and love in a real and tangible way through the healing therapeutic relationship between a provider and our clients. We have a great working relationship with many physician offices, other mental health providers, non-profit organizations, and churches.
We tend to be creative in what services we deliver and how we deliver them. For example, we have offered parenting workshops, skills groups, delivered group treatment to other agencies, and are currently developing some other groups. While we embrace and value the tradition and research behind the conventional style of therapy, we also embrace and value being ingenious.
Because of our frequent work with the conservative Christian population, having a Christian Counseling Competency is important to our practice. About half of our patients report as being Christian and look for some level of faith integration in the therapeutic environment.
THE RIGHT FIT
We are looking for someone who is passionate about what they do, finds their work their real calling, and finds immense value in helping improve the life of others through the venue of mental health care. The right person will be a disciplined self-starting individual who can utilize the team atmosphere but is able to demonstrate personal accountability to his or her own work with patients. We are looking for a person with very stable and reliable values centered on honesty, beneficence, and excellence. We are intentional about building a team that appreciates each other, and we don’t support any destructive work behaviors- such as talking behind one’s back, spreading rumors, and negative attitudes. Whoever joins the Mind Spa team will continue to add to our reputation for personalized care and professional service and will joyfully contribute to our fun and supportive collegial office atmosphere.
As our newest team member, your primary focus will be to utilize your gifts and skills in facilitating routine counseling appointments with patients, meeting in the Mind Spa offices as well as locations in the community as needed. Therapy can include individual, group, and family. You will develop and monitor individual treatment plans, complete necessary documentation for different therapeutic interactions and billing purposes via our Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system. You will be part of our weekly staff meetings and contribute to the group dynamic and consultation. We want you to contribute creatively to different marketing and networking opportunities in the community via written word, presentations and individual appointments. We are developing a blog, in which you can contribute original articles. Additionally, we expect that you will seek to be creative and industrious in not just carrying out the typical therapeutic modalities and methods, but also in finding new ways of meeting the needs in our community, such as out-of-the-box groups or workshops.
OUR CULTURE AND BENEFITS TO YOU
The agency is committed to supporting the skills and abilities of each team member, providing opportunities for learning, growth and excellence both personally and professionally. As a team member, you will be provided a complete support staff and will be given opportunities to work in multiple settings, with a range of demographics, and with a variety of mental health problems. We encourage and facilitate support for brainstorming solutions to community needs and implementing new ideas.
While, as an agency, we function as a generalist mental health agency and all of our team members have the flexibility of working in areas of specialties. You will be provided a fund every year for both continuing education opportunities and for advancing your own faith journey. We provide supervision and consultation for every clinical team member, both formally and informally, and utilize peer learning. Because we work in an area recognized as limited in mental health resources, we have the unique opportunity to be part of the National Health Service Corp Loan Repayment Program. The NHSC offers up to $50,000 for loan repayment for licensed mental health providers to work at Mind Spa. We will provide you with office space, computer, and all other necessary materials and equipment to carry out your calling. We have a great administrative staff who are fun to work with and take care of all the detailed work that goes into the process from scheduling patients to submitting insurance claims and ensuring we get paid.
- Fully licensed clinician who has a solid clinical foundation
- Experience and knowledge in working with children and adolescents
- Ability to work with and thrive in a welcoming team environment
- Christian Counseling Competency, gained through education, practical experience, or personal belief system, for purpose of understanding spiritual and religious issues and assisting with a patient’s spiritual development as it related to their mental health
- Working knowledge of basic computer based office software suites and the ability to learn and use EMR software
Education and Licensure:
- Masters Degree or higher in a mental health, psychology, or counseling field
- A license in good standing transferrable to or already in the state of Wyoming
- Graduated from a CACREP-accredited program
- Passed either the National Counselor Exam (NCE) or the National Clinical Mental Health Counseling Examination (NCMHCE)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- This is an employee position.
- We are a National Health Service Corp Approved site. They offer you an opportunity to apply for loan repayment up to $50,000. See their website for when applications are accepted each year.
- Employer supported health insurance
- Employer paid malpractice insurance
- Unlimited professional legal advice through malpractice insurance company
- Annual professional development budget to be spent on applicant’s choice of CEU opportunities
- Annual personal spiritual development budget to be spent on increasing knowledge and application of personal spiritual beliefs and values
- Your own office space for conducting therapy sessions
- Use of a cutting-edge EMR system for records management, documentation and billing
- Administrative and billing staff to support your therapeutic work and ensure accurate and timely billing
- Amazing clinical and administrative staff that genuinely care about what we do and care about each other
- All supplies required to complete the described duties, including a computer, office supplies and shared therapeutic resources (books, videos, etc.)
If you feel that you would be a good fit with our work, please contact Trish Bannon about your interest and send your curriculum vita or resume via email to Trish at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!