We are seeking mental health therapists!
Mind Spa, PC is looking to add to our robust team of providers in our Cheyenne, WY office. We are a private mental health agency located in the heart of downtown Cheyenne. Currently we have 13 mental health clinicians, and we are in need to expand our amazing team of therapists due to our increasing referral rate and the abundant needs in our community. We have a very fun, collaborative, and innovative atmosphere. The company mission and values center on being innovative, providing excellence, being authentic, and offering truth and compassion to those we work with, both coworkers and clients.
OUR CLIENT POPULATION AND WORK
The city of Cheyenne and surrounding areas offer a range of demographics and mental health problems. We routinely meet with individuals, couples, and families. Our youngest patient has been 3 and our oldest, 93. We have opportunities for standard office appointments to off-site appointments at community locations and patients’ homes. A few specific trends in our patient population include lower income status; depression, anxiety, and trauma; chronic pain; foster children, family therapy and child/adolescent therapy; and working with the Christian community and the military population.
Because of our frequent work with the conservative faith-based population, having a Christian Counseling Competency is important to our practice. About half of our patients report as being Christian and look for some level of faith integration in the therapeutic environment.
Mind Spa views our therapeutic work as an opportunity to demonstrate compassion and love in a real and tangible way through the healing therapeutic relationship between a provider and patients. We have a great working relationship with many physician offices, other mental health providers, alternative medicine practices, non-profit organizations, and churches. Some of our team members are Adjunct Clinical Faculty at the University of Wyoming Family Medicine Residency Program in Cheyenne, and we work with the Residency, providing various forms of consultation and teaching.
Mind Spa’s team is creative in what and how we deliver services. For example, we have developed a telemental health program and are increasing the scope of its use. We routinely offer marital workshops, parenting classes and other groups. While we embrace and value the tradition and research behind the conventional style of therapy, we also embrace and value being ingenious and filling the specific needs of our community.
THE RIGHT FIT
We are looking for someone who is passionate about what they do, finds their work their real calling, and finds immense value in helping improve the life of others through the venue of mental health care. The right person will be a disciplined self-starting individual who can utilize the team atmosphere but is able to demonstrate personal accountability to his or her own work with patients. We are looking for a person with very stable and reliable values centered on honesty, beneficence, and excellence. Whoever joins the Mind Spa team will continue to add to our reputation for personalized care and professional service and will joyfully contribute to our fun and supportive collegial office atmosphere.
We are looking for child-focused therapists and generalists.
CHILD-FOCUSED: As our newest child-focused team member, your primary focus will be to utilize your gifts and skills in facilitating routine counseling appointments with children (ages 0-18) using directive and non-directive play therapy and meeting in the Mind Spa offices as well as locations in the community as needed. Up to 4 evening hours (after 5pm) will be expected to help provide family therapy and groups. Therapy will include individual, group and family.
GENERALIST: As our newest generalist team member, your focus will be to utilize your gifts and skills in facilitating routine counseling appointments with a broad range of client ages (ideally children through adults). Therapy will include individual, group and family.
You will develop and help implement treatment plans and complete clinical documentation using our Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system. You will be part of our weekly staff meetings and contribute to the group dynamic and consultation. We want you to contribute creatively to different marketing and networking opportunities in the community via written word, presentations and individual appointments. We write a monthly mental health newsletter in which you can contribute original articles. Additionally, we expect that you will seek to be creative and industrious in not just carrying out the typical therapeutic modalities and methods, but also in finding new ways of meeting the needs in our community, such as out-of-the-box groups or workshops.
OUR CULTURE AND BENEFITS TO YOU
The agency is committed to supporting the skills and abilities of each team member, providing opportunities for learning, growth and excellence both personally and professionally. As a team member, you will be provided a complete support staff and will be given opportunities to work in multiple settings, with a range of demographics, and with a variety of mental health problems. We encourage and facilitate support for brainstorming solutions to community needs and implementing new ideas.
While, as an agency, we function as a generalist mental health agency, all of our team members have the flexibility of creating areas of specialties. You will be provided a fund every year for both continuing education opportunities and for advancing your own faith journey. We routinely consult with each other and utilize peer learning, and if specific supervision or consultation is needed, we work with you to make that available. We will provide you with office space, computer, and all other necessary materials and equipment to carry out your calling. We have a great administrative staff who are fun to work with and take care of all the detailed work that goes into the process from scheduling patients to submitting insurance claims and ensuring we get paid.
- Child-focused: Competency in working with children, using both directive and non-directive approaches.
- Generalist: Competency in working with all stages of life.
- At least two years post-graduate experience in the mental health field.
- Ability to work with and thrive in a welcoming team environment.
- Experience with providing clinical supervision of provisionally licensed therapists.
- Expertise and demonstrated competence with DSM-5 .
- Experience with military personnel and relevant problems is helpful.
- Christian Counseling Competency, gained through education, practical experience, or personal belief system, for purpose of understanding spiritual and religious issues and assisting with a patient’s spiritual development as it relates to their mental health.
- Working knowledge of basic computer based office software suites and the ability to learn and use EMR software.
Education and Licensure:
- Masters Degree (or higher) in a field of mental health or psychology
- Licensed mental health professional (LPC, LCSW, LMFT, or Licensed Psychologist) in Wyoming or that is transferrable to Wyoming.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- This is an employee position with compensation as commissions based upon revenue generated. This is the ideal position for people who are very self-motivated and want to be in more control of their income!
- Employer pays malpractice insurance
- Unlimited professional legal advice through malpractice insurance company.
- Annual professional development budget of $300 to be spent on applicant’s choice of CEU opportunities.
- Annual personal spiritual development budget of $150 to be spent on increasing knowledge and application of personal spiritual beliefs and values
- Private office space for conducting therapy sessions.
- Use of a cutting-edge EMR system for records management, documentation and billing.
- Administrative and billing staff to support your therapeutic work and ensure accurate and timely billing
- Amazing clinical and administrative staff that genuinely care about what we do and care about each other.
- All supplies required to complete the described duties, including a computer, office supplies and shared therapeutic resources (books, videos, etc.).
If you feel that you would be a good fit with our work, please contact Trish Bannon, Clinical Director about your interest. Send your curriculum vita or resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!!