Rural Private Practice Therapist Mastermind .
Does this sound like you?
“I am a rural private practice therapist. Despite the challenges of being remote and not having many resources, I find such purpose and fulfillment with my work. At times, I question myself and have doubts about what I do. But I have decided that this is the place I need to be right now.”
It takes a unique type of therapist to practice in a rural area. Everyone gets to know you, so anonymity is NOT a thing. You are pushed to work with fewer resources, and yet you are asked to be more things to your community. You have opportunities to get more creative with your solutions, yet remaining focused on how to simultaneously keep your ethical risks low is a major challenge. You may have a difficult time breaking into the social structure and being trusted. You are often alone and without support or consultation. When all the challenge rear their ugly heads and you feel overwhelmed, you are not always sure where to go.
“What would help me sustain my work in this rural community? Knowing that I am not alone in my struggles, having a community of therapists that I can be open and real with, learning from others who are steps ahead of me, and getting feedback about what I am doing and where I am going.”
For all these reasons and more, I believe being part of a strong community of Rural Private Practice t\Therapists is the answer. That is why I am putting together a new solution to this problem! The first Rural Private Practice Therapist Mastermind.
This Therapist Mastermind (if you want to learn more about what a Mastermind is, click on the word) will give you a reliable and predictable place to learn, consult, grow, and ask some really challenging questions.
In this Mastermind, we’ll be covering these topics and more:
- Ethical dilemmas of small communities to include dual relationships and potentially working outside of your scope of practice
- Increasing competencies related to being a generalist and even trying to carve out a specialty
- Career development and growing your private practice
- Self care and burnout
The Mastermind includes:
- Semi monthly Mastermind meetings (virtual and two times a month) with the following format:
- Each Mastermind meeting is 60 minutes total.
- Each person gives a “win” or step forward that happened since the last group: 10 minutes
- Two people are on the “hot seat” for a total of 20 minutes each. They start by framing their goal for their hot seat. We ask clarifying questions and then share experiences, tips, and ideas: 40 minutes
- Each person shares what the most important thing they are committing to work on over the next two weeks: 10 minutes.
- Membership to a closed Facebook group where we can routinely collaborate and encourage each other
- Shared resources and knowledge to increase your effectiveness and business acumen
- Consultation around growing your private practice
- Support and encouragement to increase your confidence
The Therapists who are the best fit for this Mastermind Group:
- Live and work in rural America (rural is loosely defined as a low population, not having many resources, and being somewhat isolated as one of a few in your profession)
- Put a premium on learning to avoid pitfalls
- Are motivated to find their biggest impact
- Have a passion for what they do and who they do it for
- Know why they are in such a challenging career in a challenging part of the country
- Are in private practice
- Want to consult with other like-minded Therapists
- Are interested in learning more about ramping up or refining their private practice
Application: Once you apply using the form below, Dr. Sheri Fluellen (Licensed Psychologist, Practice Owner, and Mastermind Facilitator), will contact you. Typically the interview is done within a couple days of your application. We want to ensure we have a Mastermind Group full of committed Private Practice Clinicians. After you are accepted, there is a $200 fee to secure your spot until the next group is full and ready to launch.
Price: The cost is $200 per month for 12 months. Your $200 “secure your spot fee” is applied to your first month payment.