Are you interested in counseling, but you live too far from a city that has mental health care to make it practical for routine appointments? Or your community is so small that you know the therapists on a personal level? Or you don’t know how you can fit it in to your busy schedule? Or maybe lack of childcare or transportation limits you from seeking services?
Possibilities for help are endless!! You can access really good competent counseling even when can’t find the help locally! By using online technology (known as telemental health or online counseling), you can access Mind Spa’s team of professionals to help you resolve your struggles and improve your life.
Here are some examples:
Online Counseling offers many benefits to you including:
- Improved access to specialty mental health services for assessment and ongoing treatment (using technology similar to Skype and FaceTime).
- Improved quality of mental health care (because you now have more choices and can find the fit right for you).
- Reduced costs for accessing specialty mental health services (e.g., time, travel costs).
- Reduced wait time.
- Improved continuity of care and follow-up.
Online Counseling has:
- High client and therapist satisfaction.
- Strong research support for its effectiveness as a useful mode for therapy. Can be just as effective as face – to – face therapy.
- Advanced technology that is confidential, secure, and HIPAA-compliant that can be tailored to client and therapist needs.
- Secure and confidential communication.
Finances can be a concern with online counseling. Insurance companies are increasingly recognizing the effectiveness of this form of counseling, and this may be a covered benefit of your plan. However, if it is not yet covered by your insurance or you do not have insurance, we have a self-pay option to help meet your needs. Contact us for more information and to see if online counseling is the right fit for you!