Mind Spa, PC is looking to add a Case Manager to our robust team of providers in our Cheyenne, WY office. We are a bustling private mental health agency located in the heart of downtown Cheyenne. We have a very fun and collaborative team atmosphere. The company mission and values center on being authentic and offering truth and compassion to those we work with, both coworkers and clients.
OUR CLIENT POPULATION AND WORK
The city of Cheyenne and surrounding areas offer a range of demographics and mental health problems. We routinely meet with individuals, couples, and families. Our youngest patient has been 3 and our oldest, 93. We offer opportunities for standard office appointments to off-site appointments at community locations and patients’ homes. A few specific trends in our patient population include lower income status; frequent depression, anxiety, and trauma; chronic pain; child/adolescent therapy; and working with the Christian community and the military population.
Mind Spa views our therapeutic work as an opportunity to demonstrate patience, kindness, and love in a real and tangible way through the healing therapeutic relationship between a provider and patients. We have a great working relationship with many physician offices, other mental health providers, non-profit organizations, and churches. Some of our team members are Adjunct Clinical Faculty at the University of Wyoming Family Medicine Residency Program in Cheyenne, and we work with the Residency, providing various forms of consultation and teaching.
Mind Spa’s team is creative in what and how we deliver services. For example, we have developed a telemental health program and are increasing the scope of its use. We have offered marital workshops, parenting classes and other groups. While we embrace and value the tradition and research behind the conventional style of therapy, we also embrace and value being ingenious.
THE RIGHT FIT
We are looking for someone who is passionate about what they do, finds their work their real calling, and finds immense value in helping improve the life of others through the venue of mental health care. The right person will be a disciplined self-starting individual who can utilize the team atmosphere but is able to demonstrate personal accountability to his or her own work with patients. We are looking for a person with very stable and reliable values centered on honesty, beneficence, and excellence. Whoever joins the Mind Spa team will continue to add to our reputation for personalized care and professional service and will joyfully contribute to our fun and supportive collegial office atmosphere.
As our newest team member, your primary focus will be to utilize your gifts and skills in facilitating routine counseling appointments with children, meeting in the Mind Spa offices as well as locations in the community as needed. Therapy can include individual, group, family. You will develop and monitor individual treatment plans, complete necessary documentation for different therapeutic interactions and billing purposes via our Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system. You will be part of our weekly staff meetings and contribute to the group dynamic and consultation. We want you to contribute creatively to different marketing and networking opportunities in the community via written word, presentations and individual appointments. We write a monthly mental health newsletter in which you can contribute original articles. Additionally, we expect that you will seek to be creative and industrious in not just carrying out the typical therapeutic modalities and methods, but also in finding new ways of meeting the needs in our community, such as out-of-the-box groups or workshops.
OUR CULTURE AND BENEFITS TO YOU
The agency is committed to supporting the skills and abilities of each team member, providing opportunities for learning, growth and excellence both personally and professionally. As a team member, you will be provided a complete support staff and will be given opportunities to work in multiple settings, with a range of demographics, and with a variety of mental health problems. We encourage and facilitate support for brainstorming solutions to community needs and implementing new ideas.
While, as an agency, we function as a generalist mental health agency, all of our team members have the flexibility of creating areas of specialties. You will be provided a fund every year for both continuing education opportunities and for advancing your own faith journey. We routinely consult with each in both formal and informal ways and utilize peer learning. Any needed supervision or consultation will be paid for and provided to you. We offer group health insurance that is paid in part by the agency. We will provide you with office space, computer, and all other necessary materials and equipment to carry out your calling. We have a great administrative staff who are fun to work with and take care of all the detailed work that goes into the process from scheduling patients to submitting insurance claims and ensuring we get paid.
- 2 years of post degree experience (this is preferred, but we are willing to train if it’s otherwise an ideal fit person)
- Experience and competence in delivering individual and group treatment.
- Ability to work with and thrive in a welcoming team environment.
- Expertise and demonstrated competence with DSM-5 .
- Experience working with children and adolescents, particularly experience in play therapy.
- Experience with military personnel and related stressors is helpful.
- Christian Counseling Competency is helpful, gained through education, practical experience, or personal belief system, for purpose of understanding spiritual and religious issues and assisting with a patient’s spiritual development as it related to their mental health.
- Working knowledge of basic computer based office software suites and the ability to learn and use EMR software.
Education and Licensure:
- Minimum of a Bachelors of Social Work (B.S.W. or higher)
- A license as a Certified Social Worker or higher/independent mental health license in good standing transferrable to or already in the state of Wyoming.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- This is an employee position with compensation as commissions based upon both volume of work and revenue generated.
- Employer paid malpractice insurance
- Unlimited professional legal advice through malpractice insurance company.
- Annual professional development budget of $300 to be spent on applicant’s choice of CEU opportunities.
- Annual personal spiritual development budget of $150 to be spent on increasing knowledge and application of personal spiritual beliefs and values
- Private office space for conducting therapy sessions.
- Use of a cutting-edge EMR system for records management, documentation and billing.
- Administrative and billing staff to support your therapeutic work and ensure accurate and timely billing
- Amazing clinical and administrative staff that genuinely care about what we do and care about each other.
- All supplies required to complete the described duties, including a computer, office supplies and shared therapeutic resources (books, videos, etc.).
If you feel that you would be a good fit with our work, please contact Trish Bannon about your interest. Send your curriculum vita or resume via email to TrishBannon@MindSpaTherapy.com. We look forward to hearing from you!!